Every summer, NAOSMM is host to a conference and trade show that is filled with workshops and seminars that will help you keep abreast of the current topics, trends, and issues at the forefrund of our industry and your personal development. Our trade show has approximately 60 vendors, and allows members to preview new products and meet vendor representatives. The last conference was held in Niagara Falls, NY from July 26 through August 2, 2013. This year, the conference will be held in Indianapolis, IN, from 7/27/14 through 8/1/14.
Indianapolis is an exciting city with a plethora of wonderful things to see, to do, and to eat! It has become one of the formost conference destinations in the country, and it keeps getting better!
Come meet at the Crossroads of America in Indianapolis at the 2014 NAOSMM Conference!
- Two full days of education and professional development in the JW Marriott Conference Rooms
- The educational seminars and rountable discussions will help you perform your job more efficiently, economically and safely.
- Discuss current topics in regulations facing the Scientific Materials Manager.
- Round Table discussions can help solve a dilemma you are facing today.
- Two half-days exclusively for trade show and vendor interaction
- The exclusive time set aside for the trade show allows you to interact with sales representatives and see new products and innovations.
- Find new vendors and develop and enhance relationships with current vendors.
- The vendor representatives at the trade show value your feedback to improve their products and services.
- Quality time with vendors can save you and your company time and money.
- Interact with other NAOSMM members and find out what vendors value and why.
- Network with peers in academia, research and industry
- NAOSMM is a welcoming group whose members are eager to network and learn from each other as well as our invited speakers.
- The camaraderie with peers is a priceless benefit and has drawn many members back to conferences year after year.
- Receptions and evening activities provide opportunity for continued networking and learning with peers and vendors.
The conference will be held in the JW Marriott Conference Rooms, convieniently located in the same hotel where our lodging agreement was made. Considered the crown jewel of Marriott Place, the JW Marriott Indianapolis Downtown is a landmark amid five Marriott hotels connected to the Indiana Convention Center. The downtown hotel in Indianapolis soars above the city and boasts one of the largest Marriott ballrooms in the world, offering more than 103,000 square feet of meeting, banquet and exhibit space as well as two full-service restaurants. Adjacent to the convention center, just steps from White River State Park, the Indianapolis Zoo, and many museums, its location is unparalleled. The hotel is in the heart of world-class shopping and dining, near the State Capitol, Lucas Oil Stadium and Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Guest rooms at the hotel in Indianapolis feature Marriott's signature REVIVE bedding, 40" LCD high-definition TVs, marble vanities, plush towels and breathtaking views of a gorgeous art-filled plaza. Come relax and unwind at the JW Marriott Indianapolis, the largest JW Marriott in the world.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact the conference host, Jo Wagoner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jo at (317) 797-6254.